Friday, March 10, 2006

Never quit!


I've learned as an artist the most valuable lesson.
Never quit!
If I had never entered another show after my first rejection,
I would never understan just how much joy art affords me.
I have entered shows for about 15 years and I still get rejected but
I often get in and sometimes win a prize but more importantly I keep doing it.
I will do art the rest of my life. I may never make a living at it or
win more than a few prizes but I feel that art has made me grow as a person....
spiritually, emotionally, socially, and creatively.

The piece below was one of three entries that did get in. The one I labored over was rejected but this one "Winter Sun" was a quick less than an hour painting. It was accepted in a show of about 50 pieces where there were about 180 entries. So I'm just happy to be in the show. It's at the Scheile Museum in Gastonia, NC.

So never give up!

No comments: