Saturday, April 28, 2007

Time


Time is all we have to control even though we sometimes think we can't. My son came home for the night with two weeks of college left. He wanted to think about his job opportunities and sleep in his own bed and spend time with his Mom. Dad is out of town. We did talk to him on the phone, long distance, too long, but it was good for us all. We watched Tuesdays with Morrie and realized again, the importance of time and using it to our liking. We were reminded of the phrase that says "how many get to the end of their lives and say I'm glad I spent more time at work". No one does that. Our friends and family is what is important, sharing our lives and love with others, having long talks and laughs with those we care about, showing others we are there for them. I love art but I love my family and friends more.
The image is from one of my art journals. I cut three different models from a catalog and gave them my mom's (center) and her sisters' heads. Lightly sketched in a background. Doesn't it look like they are having fun?
Have fun with those you love today in person if you can but in an art journal if you must.


No comments: