Wednesday, May 21, 2008

sacrificing one pleasure for another


We've all done it but it's still hard, but how often does it just happen without your thinking it? My neighbor recently sold the last 3 from his cattle herd due to changes in taxation. I forgot how much I enjoyed the lovely pastoral scene right out my back door until they were gone, however, now the pasture is full of beautiful tall grasses and wild flowers and the blackberries are growing. I had also forgotten how lovely that scene is. So I began to consider sacrificing one pleasure for another. We so often hang on to things and miss new joys and beauties when all we should do is just let go and see what the results are. So today look for beauty you can let go of to share with another so as to see something new and special. Appreciate every moment and experience in life!


Image is a new scrapbook page submitted to the Faith Sisters Scrapbook site. ( http://www.faithsisters.com/ ) Check it out. They have great products, lots of free stuff to download, oodles of ideas and inspiration and a wonderful faith based community.

No comments: