Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Random Thoughts

If there were four of me maybe:



• I could get it all done, make everyone happy and still not destroy myself.


• I could be content with life and want to live forever as I am.


• I could know all that I need to know in order to really live and not just survive.


• I could find myself, my purpose, my dreams and my hopes and my maybe be whole again.



The present must be dealt with, accepted and appreciated but art is my wonderful escape. It’s affordable therapy. Ideas, hopes and dreams are explored. Life is better understood and lived.


Why the hell can’t life be a movie? A happy ending every couple hours with previews of more good scenes in between? A beautiful starlet and handsome leading man? A plot that solves in three acts?


Focusing on the present. Living for today doesn’t mean I do silly dangerous stuff. It does mean I let go of all the silly worries and troubles of the past. Trusting they are past and not necessarily going to repeat in the future. However, neither does the future have to hold unwarranted problems. Why worry about what happened in the past or may happen tomorrow? Now is all we hold. All we have control over and all we can react on. Believe in the strength that has gotten you this far and the strength God will give you tomorrow.


I know things could be worse but I’m just tired of so much in my life right now that fatigues me. I told an art acquaintance that art is my stress reliever…and it is…it takes lots away….


Art is a very present activity even though it engages thoughts of past lessons and future dreams, it takes lots of current supplies and ideas…making it is a kind of therapy that many and time cannot buy….

----


No comments: