Tuesday, January 24, 2006

You Never Know...



You never know how you may use a piece of art started and then discarded.
That is the base for this piece. "Her Spirit..." uses a piece for the background that I had done and then put aside thinking it was not very interesting, a gessoed watercolor paper with texture, paint and pastel crosses of various kinds. I attached another great vintage photo of my Mom, altered on Adobe Photoshop. Painted a church with a transparent glaze of acrylic platinum. Then I added selected text from Proverbs 31,a virtuous woman with a white prismacolor pencil. Made the letters on my computer and attached everything and glazed it all with Golden Gloss Gel Medium. I did wipe some of the color off of the white areas that spread from the pastels and gel with a tissue. I really like the effects of images and words being in and out of focus.

No comments: