Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Santa's jolly laughter
children's choirs cantata lyrics
Elizabeth's wise words to Mary
What voices are you hearing this season?
This post was inspired by today's cantata "The Voices of Christmas"
Image is Mary from my Nativity.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
- thankful for parents who taught me the true meaning of Christmas
- thankful for a kind, generous husgand who celebrates Christmas with me in traditional style
- thankful for a grown son who enjoys our traditional Christmas
- thankful for friends who up up with my tendency to cocoon so often, even at Christmas
- thankful for a church family who really cares for one another all year not just at Christmas
- thankful for artists who inspire me and validate my creative expression
- thankful for having ALL I need and so much of what I want
- thankful for all the opportunities I've had for work, art, and love
- thankful for a Savior born in a lowly stable who came to save me and the whole world of sinners
- thankful for so many things I can't even name them all here
Make your own gratitude list over the holidays while sipping cider and eating gingerbread people. You'll find that the best gifts you already have.
Image is a watercolor mosaic angel. Did her for a public art proposal a few years back. It was declined since it was considered a religious issue. Yet the local school did a series of church steeples that were considered architecture and okay. Go figure! Feel free to use the angel on cards, in altered art, for ATC's and such with my blessing. Since the town didn't use it, the world may as well enjoy it!
One other note-BLESSINGS to you all who read this blog and frequently comment on the things I am doing here. Have the MERRIEST of CHRISTMASES and the HAPPIEST NEW YEAR ever!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Monday, December 08, 2008
Sunday, December 07, 2008
the sweet straggly straw as was in the manger for the Christ Child
the scratchy hair of the donkey thay Mary rode to Bethlehem
the rough hewn wood of the stable where Christ was born (and of the cross where on which he later died)
the smooth gold brought by one of the wise men
the gritty frankincense brought by another
the silky myrrh of the third
the smooth robes of the angels
the rough weave of Joseph's robe
the softer weave of Mary's veil
What textures can you think of that remind you of that special night in Bethlehem so long ago?
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
I dreamed of a place
Where worries never happen.
I hoped for a destination
Where I could find
Healing of mind.
Instead I found Life
Where troubles are
I found that Mecca
Does not exist.
I learned that problems
You cannot escape.
I know now what
With God by my side,
For all of life
I can survive
All things that come my way.