Friday, October 12, 2012

respite before respite

Sitting by the creek at my precious Fernwood I find new peace.


Praying on sacred ground I feel a very present hope.

Realigning with my spirit I am set free.

Allowing God control and his mercies to flow I am revived.

Giving myself moments of respite to carry me through is not selfish.

It is praise and worship.

It is a holy time of refreshment.

The Mt. Pleasant church bells ring in the distant.

Another reminder that I am not alone.

- - -
I will trust God to give what he feels fit these next 10 days.


I will no longer beg, borrow, or steal troubles.

I will not “awfulize”.

God knows what is best and how to bless and when to test and when to intervene.

-=-=-=

If greenery can grow from dry rock crevices, I can grow a new spirit.

If creeks can flow through any season, my soul can flow through a week of uncertainty.

If trees can stand for a century, my heart can stand whatever life throws its way.

If ferns along the path can die and return in the spring, I can live again and return from the death by hopelessness.

If tree roots can be exposed to life’s storms and the tree still live, I can bare my soul, expose my heart, open my mind, and give my spirit to living a blessed life despite inconveniences.

-=-=-

I wish I could do this every day.

Find quiet and peace.

Know solitude and hope.

Feel mercy and grace.

It doesn’t take a beautiful location.

It takes a soul willing to pause and reflect on its blessings.

It takes a heart willing to open and receive continued goodness.

It takes a spirit willing to accept the beauty of life.

(I will be on respite at Kiawah Island for the next week.)




No comments: