Sunday, March 22, 2015

no one gets me

My life changed on May 31, 2009. My dad had a stroke. I saw just how much financial trouble my parents were in. I saw how bad my Mom's dementia was. I saw how unprepared I was for all this. As an only child I was sole caregiver. Then Dad died in 2013. Mom tried to stay home alone but it just didn't work. after 6 months she went into assisted living for 6 months. Medicaid never came through so she lived with me and my husband for 6 months. She is back in assisted living (special care unit for dementia) for nearly 3 months. I am still not dealing with it all too well. I'm completely exhausted and no one knows. I need all the home time I can get and no one gets it. I need peace and quiet and low activity but no one understands. I need space but no one give it to me. I just want to survive but no one cares. I need sleep but get little and no one believes it. I need to be allowed to set my own pace, schedule and timeline....no one gets me.

No comments: