Wednesday, October 10, 2018

an emotional time of year



 
 
Every October we go to Kiawah Island, SC for a week. My parents have gone with us and one year my mom had a kidney stone attack. My son has gone numerous times. He and his wife have gone with us. I even took mom three years ago while she was in the throes of Alzheimer. Last year we went as usual. we plan from the first of the year. Mom was doing poorly but still had some fight. On the last day there I got the call. We packed up and left. I was 30 minutes too late but I had a special last day with her prior to our trip. Tomorrow is her birthday. The last day of our trip (Oct 20) will be a year since her death. I miss her much. I know she is well. She is with our Lord, my dad, her parents and her brothers. They wait on the rest of us.
 

Vember Christine Allred Quinn
 
October 11, 1929 - October 20, 2017
 

No comments: