Sunday, December 30, 2018

year end/new year

It has been a year of reflection, abiding, and getting on. After years of caregiving parents, I have had an entire year with none of those responsibilities: doctor appointments,  counting pills, doing finances, feeding, household maintenance, etc. if you have done this you know the list.

I have found that I am still in transition. I am tired. I hurt. I am getting over my first illness since, only a cold, but it seems like such a big deal. I'm trying to get my own life on track and organized. Actually, I don't know if it will ever happen but I'm trying. Losing a parent is much like any major loss in life. It takes time. It takes effort. It takes "want to".

Every year I choose a word to focus on, not a resolution but one word, that can help me stay on some kind of track to get things in perspective and working better. This year was ABIDE. it was a good word. I stayed close to God, his word, and my own much needed space.

For the New Year I have chosen SURRENDER. Some one asked me if that wasn't just giving up. It is a little bit of that but so much more. A few years back the word was RELEASE, very similar to surrender. I am just beginning to learn and hope to share more along the way but "to surrender" we must be willing to let go of anything that keeps us from being static and move forward to be the very best we can be, live the life we want to live and find the joy and peace in every single day.

So as we breathe into this new year, let's surrender anything that holds us back and keeps us from growing into an even better US.

No comments: