Saturday, March 30, 2019

Abundance. Blessed. Overwhelmed.


A wild array of emotions today. I attended an estate sale for a woman who chose to leave this world. To see stacks of unused things, unopened goods and collections was eye-opening. We keep so much, accumulate so much and stock pile so much in a life time. Why do we do it? My parents did it. I do it. It is sad to see how much we have when others have so little. We have so much more than we need and yet continue to get more. We share our abundance but not nearly as selflessly as we collect for ourselves. God blesses us with everything we need and more. Are we grateful enough? I think most of us are not.
Then I heard of a dear friend’s husband’s passing. I am wrought with grief for her and her family. What a tremendous loss for earth! What an amazing saint for heaven! Lord, I pray deep sympathy for the family. He leaves a huge hole in many hearts.

What are your dealing with today? Give it all to God. Let Him guide you this day and every day! Seek His grace, forgiveness, strength, love, peace and all the wonderful spiritual gifts He gives us so freely.
The only thing to stockpile is God’s goodness but don’t keep it all for yourself. Share it with as many as you can!

No comments: