Friday, October 11, 2019

Remembering Mom


 

Happy Birthday Mom! Ninety years! I only knew you 61. I have missed you for two. Fifteen actually, I began to lose you to Alzheimers when you were 75. I love you. I miss you daily. I talk to you constantly. I feel you guiding me and in my heart. I know heaven is wonderful. I know you and dad are happy together with all the rest of the saints from our family, friends and church members. I wish I was there. I guess I will just have to wait a while but I will see you some day.





I’m tired. I’m sick. I didn’t sleep. I guess I will just have to survive. I guess I will make it. If I can just get to Kiawah tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. Two years ago, my week was cut short a day because mom was dying. Now I am. We all are this side of heaven. From the first breath, we are dying. We cannot slow it down or stop it even. We can make the most of it. We can learn and grow and create a life. We can go to school. We can work. We can fall in love. We can get married. We can start families. We can bury our loved ones. We can repeat this over and over. We can find joy and hope. We can find hurt and anger. We can know God and understand the importance in this life. We can ignore God and bury ourselves before we die. Life is short and if we don’t spend it doing good things for good people, we may never know the real purpose of life.

No comments: