Tuesday, April 28, 2020

a prayer


God,

I stilled myself long enough to feel your presence. Your glorious sun is a warm hug.

The bird’s chatter speaks to my soul of your protection. Like all the green growth of the land

I know you many graces on my life. A cooling cloud soothes my fevered brow from worry.

All those before me knew your power to strengthen. I know it too. It heals and rests my tired old body.

I feel a strong sense that you are in charge (always have) and you alone can restore and heal

our world. May we appreciate and keep the goodness going to every corner of your creation.

So when this pandemic ends (and I believe it will) may we seek distance from fear, wear a holy mask

to say to the world NOTHING CAN HURT US THAT GOD CAN’T CONQUER.

In Christ Jesus,

Amen


No comments: