Thursday, February 02, 2006

Her heart


Next in the series - "Her Heart was deep as the forest"
I love the beautiful natural setting at my future home for retirement at Fernwood, called for the many ferns there in the summers. I collaged my picture on the bench by the creek and painted in the background. I like the piece without words so I stamped them rather lightly curling from me into the trees. I think it works. The piece is 16 X 20 inches and on a watercolor board which I love to work on. It is sturdy and does not warp. The actual piece is a little darker than the image here. I used Liquitex acrylics and several metallic ones and I had trouble getting a glare in order to have enough light, but hopefully you can still see the beauty of the colors.
The next one is nearly ready to share soon.
I am enjoying this series and hope for an op to show them.
I make many devotional booklets so perhaps these will become a booklet as well.

No comments: