Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Another day of............


I guess I'm going to the doctor. This head ache is keeping me from progress with my many art projects. I'm working on a canvas book for the upcoming SS theme of nature and I need to know how to keep vellum from wrinkling even though the dampness just came through the backing paper not the vellum itself.
It's looking so good except for that and I hate to think I have to start over. I attached the vellum with brads and then pasted the two pages together to hide the brad backs but now the dampness has come through and the vellum is wrinkled. Can I try to iron it? Blast it with the heat gun? What? I didn't want to stick the vellum even with vellum tape. Any suggestions?
I even learned to do piano hinge binding thanks to Lisa Vollrath's help. If you haven't seen her site TwoTen Studios. Check it out here:
http://tentwostudios.lisavollrath.com/

Here is a recent fun work featuring my son and his girlfriend. Just take a funny magazine ad and alter with heads and paint:

No comments: