Wednesday, September 06, 2006

another publication


I am happy to say I have another piece that will be published in the upcoming Oct./Nov. 2006 issue of Legacy, another Somerset Studios publicaton.
It is from my "Her" Series.
Here is the image and description:

“Her loyalty was awesome” is digital images of my paternal grandmother Hassie Quinn. She was a simple, hard working wife and mother who took care of everyone in her family for as long as she lived. Even after her day at work in the textile mill, she came home and cooked, cleaned, raised three children. I love these images of her. My grandfather Claude was her main charge and she took care of him until the day he died. The images have been printed from my computer. The background of red, blue and white acrylics really emphasize the doll like image of her. The smaller images are mounted on foam core to add dimension and interest in design. The text is stamped with acrylic paint. The images are attached and coated with gel medium. The size of the piece is 17 X 8 inches.

No comments: