Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Solo


Well, I got Terry to the airport for hopefully his next to last trip to Canada. Even though I enjoy my time alone I also miss him terribly.

He is such a wonderful husband, friend and father. I hope he knows how important he is to me.
Here is a new canvas collage I did for the annual I Am Woman exhibit which is juried this year for the first time. Who knows if it will even get in? It is called "It was Written All over Her Face." The face of my deceased mother in law Lois. I used her actual photo enlarged on the computer. I first glazed the 16 X 20 canvas with colors she liked, stamped a design and then adhered the photo with gel medium. I covered the face and neck with newspaper torn into little pieces. Eyes, nose and mouth collaged over the appropriate areas. I then added the Christmas tree shaped playing cards for a crown. I melted wax crayons with my new little craft iron I ordered cheaply from Collectibles, Etc. for her hair and clothes. I melted white beeswax over the tinted (with acrylics) face and the playing card crown. I like the piece and think it is one of the most unusual I have done and is quite original as well. I topped it off with a handpainted butterfly shape since she was a lover of butterflies as I am.

No comments: