Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 241 Doubts and Certainties



I am lost.
God finds me.
Faith wavers.
God restores.

I am weak.
God is strong.
Hope wanes.
God recovers.

I am fearful.
God is not.
Doubt returns.
God rebuilds.

"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties" Francis Bacon

"The great artists...help us to know that we are closer to God in our doubts than in our certainties." Madeleine L'Engle

These are comforting quotes and help me feel better about my increasing doubts. I have read the Bible through several times. I have known God and gone to church for more than 50 years. I have been saved for more than 40 years. I pray daily to God. I thank Him for my blessings. I ask Him for help. I take Him my doubts. He give me certainties. I take Him my shame. He gives me forgiveness. I take him my fears. He gives me faith. I take Him my weakness. He gives me strength. I take Him my questions. He give me guidance. I take Him my love. He gives me His love.

I have had many sleepless nights. A string of them recently. The best thing I can say about them is that it's the best time I spend with the Lord.

No comments: