Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 272 Sleepless in NC




Lack of sleep and exhausted beyond help,
I trudge through the muck and mire.
Dreading both days and nights
my soul cries out for peace.
"Respite, where are you?"
Hopeful & prayerful,
I beg for mercy.
Relentless I read the scriptures.
Where are the answers?
Did I miss a key verse?
GOD! WHERE ARE YOU?
Who abandoned whom?
Sick in body and spirit
I plead for our lives.
SOS
I sink for the "#?" time.
I desperately thrash to remian afloat.
God walks on the water to save me.
Am I worthy?
I fear the worse.
I am only a shell.
How many more nights can I survive?
How many more crises can I endure?
How will I make it through the inevitable?
ONLY WITH GOD.
I cross my fingers, fold my arms,
bow my head and breathe.
My body trembles uncontrollably.
O sleep! Where are you?

No comments: