Friday, April 16, 2010

My Psalm 119 and the Friday Freebie


O Lord,
Your word is unfailing.
Your laws are perfect.
Your commands are holy.
Your statutes are mighty.
Your precepts are eteranl.
Your ways are comforting.
Your decrees are hopeful.

I love when life is in sync. It brings a level of comfort I feel best wtih. My morning devotions  brought me to Psalm 119 from two sources. Having read this Psalm in its entirety in a single setting, this week I was readding it in little increments or stanzas of which there are 22. There are 176 verses. There are 8 verses in each stanza. AND there are 7 words repeated in each stanza: ways, word, decree, commands, decrees, laws, statutes, and precepts. Overall living by the message in this outstanding piece of literature one could live a near perfect existence. One last thought from my Bibles footnotes: this Psalm is an acrostic, each verse  of each stanza begins with the same letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
I encourage you to find your own strength from the scriptures and rewrite it for yourself and share it with God. What an act of praise!

The image is a composite of 3 small canvases painted with acrylic for a local arts council mystery art fund raiser. Feel free to download and use in your projects.

No comments: