Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Morning Grace

A cool spring morning
I hear God's voice through the song birds' diverse vocal range.
I see God's face in the tiniest spring blossom.
I feel God's presence above all personal pain and fear knowing life is good to me.
I taste God's goodness through every waking cell in my body.
I smell God's sweet fragrance through the freshness of His earth.

I speak.
God listens.
I hear God's reply.
I listen.
I know His love and mercy.
I am sustained.
I am at peace.

Fatigue melts away.
I am prepared for the day.
Why can't every waking moment be this blissful?
How do I block it or allow it to disappear under troubled thoughts?
A fresh perspective is what it is all about.

Releasing negative.
Embracing positive.
Ignoring sadness.
Enjoying goodness.
Letting go of worry.
Accepting serenity.
Changing my view and attitude is what gets me through complicated, uncomfortable times. Fast approaching is a year since that last day of May (Dad's stroke) that changed me forever. I thank God for never leaving our sides. I know His grace is above all trouble. I remember all the days I could never have stepped past the closed door of my heart if He had not held the key. I remember all the days I wish it had never happened but it did and my faith grew. I remember all the "why's" I asked that were always answered with "why not"? I remember all the positive that carried us all to now. This day. FAITH. HOPE. LOVE.

No comments: