Saturday, July 03, 2010

Blessings of Art

Art has blessed me in so many ways but especially as therapy and building friendships. I have an artist friend who is legally blind by macular dengeneration and still paints once a week. OH! She is also 101. Every time we visit I am the one who is encouraged and uplifted. She is not happy with her situation but boy! is she still going and now she is wheelchair bound too but she continues to live! She still has 6 piano students each week too. SO...why do I let life ever get me down with Eugenia finding so much to still do at 101!!!!!!!?

Been on a painting streak myself! Here is the results from day 4. I call it "Jonas Ridge Christmas Tree Farm". It's in watercolor. It was my therapy for making it through a trying day of parent care. All turned out fine and I continue to learn how to get through.

No comments: