Monday, June 06, 2011

a day in the life of....

Morning



The sun breaks through a hazy sky.


My heart craves its light.


The sun heats up an atmosphere of life.


My soul begs for its warmth.


Day


The neighborhood busies itself with


Daily to dos.


My spirit busies itself with hope.


Nature awakens in song.


My mind tries to hum the tune.


Noon


The day reaches its midway of activity.


My worries mount up but


I pray without ceasing.


My own list of chores multiplies


As I check off some but


My faith remains intact.


Afternoon


Workers see an end in sight


To their days routine


I seek my own end to the daily toils I follow.


A world of sojourners find their own way to


Wrap a day’s job.


Evening


Rest is sought by all


A moment of peace is my goal.


Energy to restore is our need.


A calm tries to settle frazzled nerves.


Night


Sleep is waiting


But my mind won’t quieten.


Respite is ready


But my body is tense.


Just a few hours I pray and I can live to fight another day.



No comments: