Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Give and Take: an important message for Valentines Day

 
 

I close my eyes and see all the good in my life.

I shut out the world’s noise, listen and hear God’s gentle voice speak comfort to my spirit.

I forget the pain and fear and feel an embrace from the Holy Spirit.

I leave my memories of illness and death’s door and breathe in the sweet birth of a new spring, a new start.

I disregard the intoxicating taste of chocolate and taste the summer fruit of abundant blessings.

 

I want to wake everyday with these uplifting thoughts. They are always there I just need to recognize them. I must halt in the midst of any dread and just observe. I must feel them, see them, taste them, hear them and sense them. It sounds simple doesn’t it? Well, it’s not. It takes effort, only minimal. It’s a habit that can be acquired with little practice. It’s a skill the world needs desperately. The world is too full of itself. It needs an open heart, a willing spirit, and a hopeful mind and soul. Every single day God gives us beauty to appreciate; sounds to treasure; and more grace than deserved. He wants to give it to each of us in great abundance. We must simple accept it. We must share it. We must allow Him to come into life and takeover. Life would be so extremely easy if we would just say, “God, here I am. Here’s my life. Take it. It’s yours anyway. It needs your touch.” The moment we can do this, life will forever be more magnificent than we can ever imagine.

 

Easter is on the horizon. Lent begins today along with this special day of showing love to those we adore. There is no need to give up things like chocolate and coffee. We only need to give up our hand in our own lives. Let God in. Thank him for the gift of His Son. Listen to His Holy Spirit. Live by His commands. Believe His mission. Be His hands in a needy land in your own back yard. Be His voice to a lost lamb. Be His strength to a weak soul. Be His love to a broken heart.

No comments: