Thursday, August 23, 2018

reflecting on life




Look beyond circumstances

See the positive

Feel God’s presence

Cast aside negative

Truth defeats fear

Know God’s goodness

Trust His enduring love and protection

Focus on life’s holiness
 
“I trust in you God, you are my God; my times are in your hands.” Psalm 31:4-5
 

This morning the fresh air begs for an early autumn.

My spirit seeks a calmness.

My soul yearns for serenity.

My heart trembles with pure love.

I feel God’s hope.

All else pales in comparison.
 

Can this last?

Of course!

I must allow it.

I must focus on it.

I must believe it.

In and through God’s presence I will see it.

Even when life tries to disguise it.
 
Mom has been gone 10 months.

Dad, five years.

I miss them both but a day doesn’t pass I don’t honor them with a thought.

I think they are with me physically and eternally.

Grace is abundant in every situation. It is given freely but we must open our eyes and heart to it.
 
So I move forward in the light of God, leaving darkness behind. All things will work according to his great love for me/
 
Blessed in so many ways I can barely remember them all but I thank God daily for all that matters and release all that does not.

No comments: