Tuesday, March 21, 2006

always a work in progress



Just like God is never finished with me, I am never finished with a piece of art. Sometimes it comes together nicely. Sometimes it takes more time, thought, fiddling and changing and starting over even. I hope I keep trying to get it right the way God keeps trying to get me right. I don't know but I think he has the harder job. I know he does. I know me.
Anyway, here are two "Her" pieces in progess. "Her life was full of hope" (the whiter one) needs much work. "Her life was beautifully blessed" is digital images attached to a canvas with edges and central figure enhanced with paint and words stamped in acrylic around the perimeter. It's another favorite in this series. The other is still a mess but I will get it right.
I can see God nodding and smiling.

No comments: