Monday, March 20, 2006

Ready to Create


and not enough time to do it all. I want to paint and create for the annual I AM WOMAN show but I have to teach in a couple of hours. Do it now you think, well when I finish this I have to fix my hubby's dinner before I leave for my class. Why didn't I do it this morning? I was in Ceramics class. It's so cool. I'm learning all the details and have made (hand built) two fabulous pots. I made a slab built footed tray and am now making a slab built tea pot. Next I will make a vase form. I love this class. It fuels my creativity but it also zaps alot of energy and fills in time I could be doing other projects. No matter. I love to create and nothing can stop me until I breathe my last breath.

Here is a recent work I am quite happy with from my Her series. Two others in the works, "Her joy was her family"
a small 8X10 canvas with blue and white acrylic paint and the image is my mother in law Lois whom I only knew for about 15 months. She died before we were married one year. She was a very loving and kind woman who did indeed find great joy in her family and was a wonderful caretaker. The background drawing of her face is another favorite image of her as a young woman. The two computer images and the tag with a repeated image under a slide form a very asymmetrical design which I actually like quite a lot.

No comments: