Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Patience is the key

After heading in a similar direction for the "Her life was one of hopes and dreams" to "Her life was beautifully blessed" with the tiled background it dawned on me to do a similar design but rather than picture by picture. Scatter fewer in almost a checker board style but not square per square. Raise some on foam core and some flat to canvas and central image of my aunt perhaps raised as well. I am now literally tearing all the gelled images from the canvas to sand, prime and repaint. You may wonder why not just start a new canvas. One, I don't have another and two, it's one of those nice finished edge canvases so I really want to use it. I have the image of the original piece if I need to show the progression from bad to good. At least I hope the piece is going to be good. The photo will be up as soon as I know. Otherwise just more moaning and groaning.

No comments: