Thursday, February 08, 2007

How long?


How long can I continue to make art for the Somerset artist calls? How long can I afford the postage to mail it and for return? It's very inspiring and challenging to do them. Maybe that should be my reward. I had this silly dream that I would be discovered and asked to design a line of work, be part of a book or have some other gem of recognition and possible income tossed my way. Wish there was such a company to work for here.

After yesterdays worries and borrowed troubles I 'm surprised I can even think art but I am. I am almost finished with 4 new ATC's for the next Artella Swap and here is a piece for the upcoming SS take in for Vintage Halloween issue. I call it Key to the Coven although I do not believe in witches and this lovely woman is certainly not a witch but I do believe women have a kind of personal magic within them and they hold the key to its power for their lives. Unfortunately, my key seems to fail to open the door most every time.

The image is a collage paper doll on a painted and textured piece of foam core with a message written in about my beliefs about this inner power women have. The key is an aged piece I found at a local craft store.

No comments: