Thursday, August 30, 2007

In other's words...


Do you ever find comfort in someone else trying to explain your thoughts and feelings?
This happened to me while reading an article in a publication from the Association of Research and Enlightenment (Venture Within, May-June 07). The article was about Julia Cameron (The Artist's Way author). She said "Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy, pure energy…We are to give and be of service…Balance is the key" This has been my goal for the past 4 years in trying to simplify my life, having fewer meetings to attend and social functions to satisfy. Giving me more time for my creativity and art practice. She also stated that Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God." She also quoted Bruce McArther, "A person who becomes drained by giving too much to others is not able to fulfill his or her own destiny." This is all so true and expresses beautifully what I have only attempted. O the joy of someone else's words explaining and expressing your own inner thoughts and beliefs.
I know my art is a mission and service to myself and others. Selling enough to support it is the least important battle. Making it and sharing it is what I do best with it and I know that it is what God expects me to do with it.

No comments: