Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Regaining Balance


"If you are exhausted when you quit working, you've worked too long." It's a reminder to quit working - or at least take a break - before total exhaustion sets in. Like how we should eat before we get totally famished...same idea. If I work til exhaustion, it takes a while to bounce back...not very efficient in terms of time or energy."


I read this on Marney Makridakis' blog.

It fits me to a T.

I had a wonderful Labor Day weekend (family, friends, cooking, sharing) and kids' art classes began immediately after ... last night and this morning, I found myself crashing.

I often just keep with the momentum when there is so much to do and see and share but when it's all over I'm so exhausted I just stop completely. How do I get off the Merry-go-round earlier and take time for me during all the craziness of cramped calendars and speeding clocks.?

I thought I had been doing better but this past weekend proved I have more work to do on simplifying and slowing down so as to not miss the good times. I advise anyone reading this to do the same.

Next week we are going to the mountains for a couple of days. Then to Kiawah next month. Maybe I'll regain my balance, composure and energy there.
Image is a collage on watercolored mat board with altered clip art geishas, transparency pagoda and stamped letters on paper towel. Was going to send to Somerset for green theme but sent something different.

No comments: