Thursday, May 22, 2008

Guess I am spoiled


As many know, American Idol can be addictive. I didn't actually start watching until our NC native, Clay Aiken was on the show. Watched nearly every episode since but last night the finale for the season, I missed. The power was off. No bad weather. Just off. 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Had to get the results via my son. He called and I at least heard the announcement. Yes, we have a generator and UPS (uninterruptible power service) but I could hardly justify it watch a TV show. Well, it did afford me time to sit by battery operated candlelight and talk to my husband without TV sidetracks, talked to a friend on the phone too, made some cards by battery lamp, and even some extra time for prayer and meditation. So it was a nice night despite the loss of power and missing Idol. People always thought I was spoiled as an only child. I always said no but I know now I was and am. BUT in good ways!


Image is of recent ATC's, vintage and throwaway scraps with magazine images.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

Idol is totally addictive. I'm so glad David Cook won this year :)
http://razzberry12.blogspot.com/