Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Gift


Leaves fall faster than you can gather them; much like life passes so quickly you can miss it and miss its value. One day you are young with your whole life in front of you and the next moment you wake up and your life is speeding by like a freight train. With many dreams realized, a few forgotten and others well, never possible, you realize that you have all you need, most of what you want and much to be thankful for. God has let me live a pretty wonderful life and I am thankful to Him. Life is a gift.

Tomorrow I turn 53 and it really has me thinking about all the blessings in my life. My gifts of a wonderful husband, son, parents and friends. Opportunities to grow and learn and be who God intended me to be. Life-it doesn't get any better than this.

Thank you God and Happy Birthday to me!

Image is a mixed media collage in progress-acrylic scratched background with watercolor paper dolls on an old print out of text.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I really love the image in this post. Simple and yet profound.