Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes you just can't leave an idea alone...


This time a piece of writing. I love trees. The little bit I shared recently has been transformed into another work of art. Digital but I have also started a watercolor of the images and may even try a canvas painting. When something really appeals, you just go with it. Stretch it as far as you can take it. In every conceivable form and maybe just maybe when the idea is exhausted you learn something. You realize a new skill. You can then let it rest and move on but I have to admit there are many themes I am still working with and never tire of. Vessels, ferns, women, words, family, heroes, home, leaves, ....I always seem to find something new and fresh with these familiar old friends and I will continue to study them and explore the possibilities of them and their meaning for my life until I quit breathing or quit being an artist. Which do you think will come first?
The words are mine and the images are all from my beloved Fernwood except for the fall tree and that one is here in my own yard at Watergate! Don't know if the words will be part of the paintings or not. Maybe yes and maybe no and maybe still another piece that will be mixed media to incorporate the words.

No comments: