Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fernwood Thoughts



The wind in my hair.
Reflections from the water.
Blue sky.
Brown earth.
Nature has mastered peace and balance.
Why can't I?
I must take time to seek it, know it, embrace it,
Allow it in life!
Don't let the day to day trap who you really are.
A spirit having a human experience as Joseph Campbell said.

God made humans to commune with. I commune with Him no where better than in nature. As a Christian I know the importance of corporate worship and fellowship but alone with God here I know no troubles, problems, finances, nor relationship irritations.
Donne I believe said "No man is an island" but it sure seems easier to be an island, deserted and bare. Living mostly alone. Coming together periodically rather than vice versa. The touch of God's son and wind on my skin is like a warm embrace and the very breath of God on my face. His sweet message whispers right into my spirit.
His creation is a sermon in my soul.

The wind is God's spirit.
We sway like tall trees
Sometimes closer and
Sometimes we blow away.
Never to return until another day…or season of need.

No comments: