Monday, March 30, 2009

Lessons from all directions


The bright eastern sky

lights the way to grace and peace.

The warm southern breeze

fuels the love in my heart.

The colorful western expanse

creates a miracle in my soul.

The cool northern rain

releases the joyous tears of my spirit

and balance is felt.


*******************


I try to be who I am

but no one permits it.

I force it and no one understands it.

I am an

artist,

poet,

philosopher

....

but no one believes it.

I do so they must.

It means I must have

space and time to develop these gifts.

inspiration and ephemera to perform these talents, and

hope and trust to enhance these skills.

Exploring my faith I find truth

and the truth sets us free!


******************


Image is from a new art journal of images using the Soul Journal prompts from the Yahoo group of the same name begun by Sarah Whitmire. Check out her blog at http://sarahwhitmire.blogspot.com/

No comments: