Sunday, March 08, 2009


Slowly reading for habitation
Time brings change.
Sizing down;
Making do;
Content with less;
Soul searching begins.
What's important?
What's needed?
Life cycles amaze me still.
Desire.
Acquire.
Release!
Physically.
And
Emotionally.

Before walking at Fernwood…
Deafening the silence
My thoughts screaming,
Too loud.
Maybe I can find peace somewhere.


Juxtaposed by a once again full creek,
Quiets the babbling in my mind.
Warm sun on my back strengthens my cold spirit.
Apart from worldly noise,
Nature soothes my raw nerves.
Believing in recovery,
Restores hope to my tired body.
Having unfailing faith returns
Joy for living.

Forever hopeful.
Never faithless.
Always trusting.
Completely content.
Nature reestablishes
A sense of balance.

A traveling spirit
Calms a wandering soul.
A moving body calms
A praiseless heart.
A hopeful prayer
Appeases a doubtful soul
.

Take time apart
From draining routine.
Step aside from daily grind.
Give your soul and spirit
A 5 minute break for silence.
Soothing sounds of creeks flowing,
Birds singing, and praise for God through song.
Find the peace you yearn for.
Carry back to daily schedules,
These moments.
In the midst of craziness
Your heart will lift.
Your step will lighten.
Your breathing will steady.
You will know balance.

Do this daily.
Find
Joy
Peace
Balance
And hope.

Survive life's fast balls.

My natural retreat--Fernwood.
Much like St. Francis would have enjoyed,
Or Christ's time alone in the wilderness sans satan.
Or God on the 7th day after the creation….

No comments: