Saturday, May 16, 2009

Faith Vs Fear

Life-just live it!


Fear is found 326 times in the Bible but FAITH is found 422 times. What should this tell me? Faith is bigger than fear. And what is fear? In the Bible many times it means to reverence the Lord. I must reverence all the time then. I have struggled with fear my entire life and why? Wasted energy. Wasted faith. Wasted time. Wasted PERIOD! If faith is bigger and stronger and used more times in the Bible then why do I let a little thing like fear (which is also a smaller word physically) trample on me and cause me doubt and pain and suffering? Human nature I guess! Sometimes I wish I wasn't so human but I am and the great truths of the Bible see us humans through anything, any day, any time. You just have to go to the scriptures. Read them. Trust them. Live them. I've always heard the phrase "we all have our little crosses to bear". Well, fear must be mine. I want to not fear. I will to not fear. I pray to not fear. So why do I fear? Weakness? Maybe. Faithless? NO!
A favorite verse has carried me through so many fearful times (many of my own making I must add); but this is one of my very favorites of all times.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
So for now I'm going to rest in His righteous hand for a bit. I'm tired and weary from the worry and fear but I'm trying hard to let Faith win out.






This will be the last post for a few days. My Dad is having surgery Monday and I will be out of town with him and Mom. Lift lots of prayers please.

No comments: