Friday, October 22, 2010

How to gain respect 101

  • set your own rules (it is your life)
  • don't answer contacts that are not emergency for at least 2 hours before bedtime (most know I need a couple of uninterrupted hours before bed to have a chance of sleeping)
  • set your own schedule (return calls, texts, emails, etc at your convenience)
  • put your immediate needs first (Learn THEY CAN OFTEN WAIT-they did before answering machines, texts, voice mails, and emails)
  • choose what, when, where, and for how long you need your space (Schedule yourself on your calendar every day' even several times a day if necessary to maintain sanity and function)
  • ignore nonsense from anyone failing to respect your needs ('cause they obviously forget your needs if you don't remind them in someway)
This has rung true for me as of late. I am always too available, too accesible and too willing to drop my own needs to be there for others. The favor is seldom returned.

I know this is not the usual perky uplifting thoughts but I THINK MANY (ESPECIALLY WOMEN) need to think on this.


No comments: