Thursday, December 15, 2011

breathe, live, repeat

Out of sorts

Unsettled

My soul cries

“turn to me,” says God

Downtrodden

Beaten

My heart cries

“hold to me,” says God

Lost

Uncertain

My spirit cries

“find me,” says God

***

Never far away

He hears my every cry

Always protected

He is my shield

Constantly fearful

He is my protector

Dreading life daily

He is my stronghold

***

A cool clear December morning

Ten days till Christmas

Can I hang on?

A quiet day of chores

A calm moment of repose

Can I get through it?

A life fully blessed

A hopeful future

Can I make it?

***

Words repeat

The same old fears

Prayers plea

The same old requests

Thoughts stale

The same old life

***

Just once

I’d like a whole day of quiet calm

Just now

I’d like a calendar with no “to dos”

Just for me

I’d like my old schedule to return.

***

There is not counter clockwise time.

There is no miracle for me.

There is only bitter struggle to keep up,

To exist,

To believe,

To hold more tightly

To faith than ever before.




No comments: