Wednesday, May 20, 2015

everyone has their own cross to bear

 
 

God sets me free

I bind myself to doubt

God sets me free

I gag myself from truth

God sets me free

I imprison myself with guilt

God sets me free

I chain myself to fear

God sets me free

I confine myself to worry

God sets me free

I lock out his love

God sets me free

I bridle myself from faith

God sets me free

I suppress hope

 

Why do I do this? Who do I allow bad things to kill my spirit? Why am I stuck in this routine I hate? Why don’t I jump off the carrousel? Nearly 5 months gone and no real clarity except to understand it takes effort and must be found through God. Maybe it’s a life-long process but why do we not learn our lessons earlier in life when we have years to perfect it? Such is life—a learning process.


 

Psalm 39:4 show me O Lord … let me know how fleeting life is. [Will it matter or will I just keep wasting time?]

 

I know the past 6 years have stolen 10+ but can I recover? Only if I give it my all and allow God to do the work within me.

No comments: