Friday, May 08, 2015

Pray and study to get life!




Today’s and yesterday’s devotions are crammed with God’s goodness. I can barely contain it!

 From THE UPPER ROOM:

“The mind governed by flesh is death, but the mind governed by the spirit is life and peace. “ Romans 8:6

“Life gives us many choices the choices we make about what to think shape our self-image, our personality, our view of the world, and our way of dealing with life’s difficulties…God’s love can overcome my despair.”

“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16

“Prayer is something we all can do for the kingdom of God no matter our age or situation.”

 
From DAILY GUIDEPOSTS:

“He leadeth me beside still waters…HE RESTORETH MY SOUL” Psalm 23: 2-3

“Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10

“Sometimes we best commune with God by being quiet…by leaning back and abiding in God’s presence.

 From DAILY WORD:

“I create my own joy (through God)…joyfulness is a choice. I know my thoughts can affect my feelings.”

“God is the source of my safety. ..God assures all my needs are fully met, I am whole, protected and complete for as the Gospel some goes, ‘there is no spot where God is not.’ I am free.”

 
Trying to get a copy of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath from the library. May have to order. She was a depressed creative writer who committed suicide. I have been so close so often and then devotions like those above change me completely. Where is the fine line between life and death? Could it be purpose? Did she not have a purpose? Do I? I know I do yet some days are so difficult. People have had much more difficult days than me and survived with their faith intact. Does Billy Graham ever feel down? Did Mother Teresa?  What is the secret? Prayer, scripture, support from other believers. Why is that still not enough some days?

 Lord, I am trying so hard to be faithful, strong and diligent in my belief. God, I know you are here with me. I know you have always been there and always will. I love you. I want to see you in every situation. I want to feel you with every emotion. I want to trust you with all my life. I want to listen for your guidance. I want to taste your goodness. I want to smell your sweetness. I want to share your love. I want your forgiveness. I want a new start at a new and better life.  Thank you for all the blessings and forgiveness already bestowed on me. I love you Father. Amen.

 
Early summer-like breezes freshen my spirit.

Blue skies calm my soul.

Sunshine lights my way.

God’s grace saves my life.

 

No comments: