Tuesday, April 11, 2006

must love quotes

If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. Margaret Thatcher
I've just realized that I haven't shared that I love quotes. I keep files on my computer of them. Search for more constantly and find them everywhere I go. I keep them in books and use them in my art. So why had I failed to share it here. I will from now on and hope you will be saving them in your own special journal or blog or file of just in your own head and heart.
I can't seem to get all I want to say about women finished. I keep finding more ways to show the complexities of women in my art, through my collages. I wish I could truly have 24/7 for just a year or so to completely devote to my art and search for my niche. I seem to have no trouble finding ops to teach or give away my art services but when will I be able to just make art and sell it? Maybe I never will. When will I be able to just make art and not worry if it's marketable. I do use alot of supplies and need to feel I am able to replenish them on my own but after 15 or so years of making much art and not much dollars my husband has yet to tell me to stop. I have often asked him if I am wasting my time and his money. He has never told me "yes." Once he ever gave me his rather large bonus check to use for art. I took a workshop through Northlight, bought a good set of brushes and other supplies. Pretty neat support huh?
I guess art should just be for the joy of it and most of the time that is why I do it. I like to share my art through many forms, sending cards to brighten someone's day, making little devotional books and yes, even giving away paintings.
Make someone happy today with your art!

No comments: