Saturday, April 15, 2006

Relaxation Works



I am so happy to say I have finally decided how to do the next in the "Her" series that has been puzzling me. I wanted to do my aunt Opal who is a singer and comedian for local programs and competitions. She has even won in competitions in the state capital. The image I wanted to use is of her dressed for the prom but my full length picture is blurry and the clear one is only a 3/4 view. So, as I was sitting and unwinding before bed as I like to do, I was flipping through the latest issue of Legacy and found my answer. I will cut the dress from a piece of sheet music; I will use the clear face I have of her; and add the arms and legs by hand. It will be a sepia collage on canvas (as soon as I can find the one I bought and then put up when cleaning my studio.) I am excited and plan to start right now. Since tomorrow is Easter and I will be out of town three days it may be the end of the week before I can post the image. Wish me luck! Sometimes my ideas in my head look better than the finished product but many times the finished product is better. In the meanwhile, here she is.
Isn't she lovely? The working title is "Her world was full of lovely music." Don't know how I'll incorporate the words yet, but I WILL SOMEHOW!