Sunday, May 27, 2007

moved and settled?




Matthew has settled into his apartment in New Bern NC and will begin his work as education reporter on Tuesday for the Sun Journal newspaper.

He is both nervous and excitied as expected but will do fine. He is hard working, courageous and dedicated. He will do fantastic. I will too after I adjust to the fact that he may not live at home again. I know this is part of kid's growing up but it is difficult to let them go. I do have the good fortune to have his love and open invitation to visit often and I get to learn about a part of our home state I know little about. I do know it's the second oldest town in NC and had the first printing press in the state. It has an unusual population of black bears. New Bern is also the home of Pepsi Cola. It is a charming town especially in the historic district.

No comments: