Monday, September 08, 2008

Fernwood Fragments


Walking through the natural beauty of my Fernwood (our retirement property) I feel a refreshment I seldom find elsewhere. Finally the spell is broken; the noise is silenced; words spring forth; and a well-spring of thought is unleashed.

Three white dogs and a polar bear, the stuff dreams are made of. Sunshine on a cloudy day. Disparity. Soft rocks. Impossible? Having all the peace and joy you want. Everything you need. In the midst of turmoil. Having everything you need, perfection within imperfection. Pipe dreams or reality. Possibilities. Unlimited resources. Taking the world by the horns and never letting go. Holding on and riding to the very end. It is possible. A road doesn't end. It just stops at a new beginning.


Broken spirits
A willful Heart
Half a mind to runaway.
No courage.
Peace and joy everyday.
Constructed by life.
Answers found in God.
Questions remain
Looking for joy.
Seeking hope.
Prayerful.
Life goes on.

Someday I may know and understand why I wasted so much time. It will be too late. For I will be near death with no chances left. Little time to do anything about it even now. My advice to you is to live each day for happiness, peace, and joy; ignore the suffering and pain, for it will exist no matter what you do. Love. Let God in. Trust His goodness. Believe in His righteousness. He will hold your hand, gently nudge, and guide you no matter what befalls you. One day at time.


On winged flight my life does soar. With squinted eye I stare squarely at the sun. Nothing will stop me. Nothing will keep me from finding joy in this day. I will not allow for anything less nor hurt for anything more. I will simply live and breathe. The old saying "two steps forward and three back" is wrong. We are our own destiny. We make our own way. We find and follow our own path. For the last few weeks I've found very little to say when I open my journal or click on my digital diary. Today there are words for healing, guiding, directing, answering questioning, knowing, forgiving, and living. There is a way. There is significance. There is HOPE. I will trust it. I will be thankful for it. I will not let it be taken from me.

When it's quiet I can see what's in my head, feel what's in my heart, when there are no human voices I truly know which way to go. I am too easily distracted, too easily confused when others wander in. I have to find this with in the crowd. I must know that I can always go to that place no matter where I am, what I am doing. For when I do I find that solitary moment,it truly sends me into the reality where I never want to leave.

There's a blister on the side of my heal that causes me discomfort with every step I take but it's nothing like the blister on my heart when I see a suffering child, a caged spirit, a broken heart, an unhappy soul. There is healing for all and it comes from God who is within, no matter what anyone says to you, no matter what anyone does to you, no matter what befalls you. If you only trust God, peace will come, with death if not before. Perhaps that's all we seek anyway. We pass through a hurting world to know that God is in the end. Don't feel trapped. God is the key that unlocks the door and lets your suffering child escape, allows your caged spirit to soar and releases your unhappy soul into a world of freedom to be happy and content.


Descending from the light into the darkness, sometimes makes us realize the better view, the one we hide and conceal. So often we try to avoid what we see. We try to ignore it. We try to keep it in the dark. We conceal it with from the world and the light. We must let it into the light and we must deal with it in the light. God is in the light. He will hold us and comfort us and show us the way into the light of peace, love, and forgiveness. He will give us answers. He will suffer for us. He will put us on the right path of life. Suffering is a part of life. I've heard that there is no weeping in heaven. Do they not see us from heaven? Do they not weep for us, with us? The mystery will not be solved until we get there. Once we are there we will have true peace. We will cease our crying, whining, begging, suffering and exist in true harmony. At least, that is what I believe and hope for.

Restless and uneasy. That is what the last few weeks have been. The end of a season is difficult for me. I usually look forward to the new season but there is also uneasiness for the change. We get too comfortable until the change is thrust upon us. Change is inevitable, common, part of life. Change is necessary for growth.

The creek flows gently over the rocks. It doesn't feel the rough places; it just knows the coolness of the rocks as it passes by. Flowers and ferns hug the banks. Some stand and enjoy the view of peace. Some dip in for a cool drink. Some shed their petals and prepare for the next life. Am I shedding anything today? Letting go of worry, fear, self imposed trouble, questions, distrust, anger, hurt?

Even the mushrooms grow heartily in their own dung heap, their life force. Could they be so happy if they knew they were living in dung? I think not. Why can't we be oblivious to the dung around us? Ignore the things in life that send us into unnecessary worry and fear? Am I letting go of things hindering my growth?

The light on the path is God. If we don't follow His path, we are in darkness. If we are in darkness we can't see the good and beauty. If we can't see the good and beauty we are in a hurtful suffering state. If we are in a hurtful suffering state, we lose hope. If we lose hope, we cease to live. If we cease to live, what is the point of life?

This day has given me a perfect opportunity to clear the cobwebs in my heart and soul. My spirit is free and I know I can survive the rest of life and whatever is thrown my way. I spend much time in these woods and I find many answers here but just as many questions. Maybe I will eventually give in to fate. I will just let go and let God and not think. Live each day as if it were perfect, made just for me. Always thanking and trusting and ceasing to question and fear. Live for Christ with every ounce of my being. Not holding back a single breath but jumping into the light that is the path for me. Running breathlessly into each day with endless hope and knowing that God is there waiting to give me all the goodness that He made just for me.


Image from First Ladies altered book.

No comments: