Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a season of gratitude



  • thankful for parents who taught me the true meaning of Christmas

  • thankful for a kind, generous husgand who celebrates Christmas with me in traditional style

  • thankful for a grown son who enjoys our traditional Christmas

  • thankful for friends who up up with my tendency to cocoon so often, even at Christmas

  • thankful for a church family who really cares for one another all year not just at Christmas

  • thankful for artists who inspire me and validate my creative expression

  • thankful for having ALL I need and so much of what I want

  • thankful for all the opportunities I've had for work, art, and love

  • thankful for a Savior born in a lowly stable who came to save me and the whole world of sinners

  • thankful for so many things I can't even name them all here

Make your own gratitude list over the holidays while sipping cider and eating gingerbread people. You'll find that the best gifts you already have.


Image is a watercolor mosaic angel. Did her for a public art proposal a few years back. It was declined since it was considered a religious issue. Yet the local school did a series of church steeples that were considered architecture and okay. Go figure! Feel free to use the angel on cards, in altered art, for ATC's and such with my blessing. Since the town didn't use it, the world may as well enjoy it!


One other note-BLESSINGS to you all who read this blog and frequently comment on the things I am doing here. Have the MERRIEST of CHRISTMASES and the HAPPIEST NEW YEAR ever!


No comments: