Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gathered thoughts on a Sunday Walk








First, more pages from my 1st Ladies AB above: with various folds and doors and you can see the thickness of the book at the bottom. This is as far as it closes. Working to add Michelle Obama's pages now and it will be "FINIS".
Read bunches of death notices about Wyeth online and kept finding the same quote which I so identify with as do most artists/writers I am sure. He talked of how much he loved his walks in nature alone and how much it fueled his work. He said "people have lost the art of being alone". Anyone who knows me or follows my blog understands this is exactly how I feel. Time alone brings me closer to my art, my writing, my "self" and God.
Here are some thoughts gathered in this morning's walk.
a pale payne's gray
winter day
bare trees stand
together in strength
the solitude among them
is perfect peace
the quiet is soulful
with a calmness
found no where else
trusting this serene landscape
is better healing
than found in any medical procedure
taken in daily
yields a long life of
joy and tranquility



No comments: