Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Given by God


With time and patience God speaks.

With a quiet heart and mind you will hear.

Take that time for yourself and it will lead to balance of soul and body.

These words were given as I walked in that solitude this cold morning in NC.


With the warming sun on my face
I am transported to a sacred space,
Where ancient knowledge in my heart
Teaches me God will never depart.

With the healing sun on my back
I know I will fear no lack;
God meets my every need
In return His commandments to always heed.

With the waxing moon on my face
I once again find the holy place;
Where God is waiting for me above
If only I continue Him to love.

With the waning moon at my back
I search and find no slack
Of God's eternal blessing
And His only sacred less'n.

With morning comes new hope
And no reason to mope,
For God will never leave me
Since I hold the key.

With night's advance
I take no chance
And utter my plea
To the Holy Three.


Image is from my art journal, a sketch in ink and prismacolor art stix.



No comments: