Saturday, January 17, 2009

Inaugural Exhibit





























With the inauguration of our 44th president this week, I thought I'd share some pages from my First Ladies altered book I did over the last several months. Still got to add our newest and a few other goodies. It has images, pockets, fold outs, paint, stamping, bios, quotes, and more. It's been great fun and a wonderful learning experience. As I researched and tried and failed and tried again to find lots of different ways to make pockets, doors, and holders for the info. I used the book I loved as a young girl: Portraits in Courage (about Jackie Bouvier Kennedy- a favorite 1st lady).
The pages posted today are the cover and a standard folded/laced pocket (especially for my AB sisters over at ICE AB at Yahoo).

2 comments:

Linda East said...

Chris...love the folded page pocket and the stitching...this looks like it is going to be a terrific AB...would love to hold it in my hands and see it in person.

Linda East said...

Chris...love the folded page pocket and the stitching...this looks like it is going to be a terrific AB...would love to hold it in my hands and see it in person.